RamRage

The story of my fight for the good of the planet and all on it...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

News

Milliband in talking sense shocker

(from the BBC).

The plans for the new runway at Heathrow are likely to be approved today.

Jack Straw, the 'Justice Minister' is bringing back plans for 'closed door hearings' without family, public or indeed jurors all in the name of National Security. However, this was defeated in the House of Lords only months ago. Of course they have all sorts of ways to justify it, none of which stand the test of the rule we have here at Ramrage.

'If we surrender our liberty in the name of security, we shall have neither'

Ben Franklin
(story from the BBC)

In other news I voted in the local elections this morning which felt good. It was nice to see all the candidates crowded around the polling booth, Labour, Conservative, Lib dem and Green. I have thought for some time that we have little right to complain about democracy if we do not at least attempt to take part in it.

I feel I have only ranted here and taken less action over the last few months, this is going to change in 2009 I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home