RamRage

The story of my fight for the good of the planet and all on it...

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

1181984

By next week 118800 will have a directory of all mobile phone numbers in the UK. Anyone may search for your number and it will be texted to them. This means you may be subjected to cold calling to your mobile or worse.

The BBC discuss this and as lawyers point out, this kind of service should require people's consent rather than automatically doing it and giving people a small window to opt out. Had I not heard of this I would be on that directory.

Go now to 118800 website and opt out of this directory. Select 'ex-directory' on the tabs at the top and follow the instructions. Do it before the end of the week.

Honestly this is the kind of thing that really annoys me, I do not care how secure they tell me it is I DO NOT WANT MY NUMBER ON THE DIRECTORY AND YOU NEVER ASKED MY PERMISSION FOR IT TO BE.

Grrrr.

Ram.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home